Get the help you want
Watch the video below to see the kind of help that is available
If you need help you can go to your local Information, Advice and Support Service. Their advisors don't take sides, and will offer honest, fair and clear information.
Everyone who works in the service is helpful and friendly. They know about the law and your rights, and can give you advice by phone, email or face-to-face.
Explore this website to find out more about getting help in your local area.
Services are there for:
- Young people (aged 25 or under) who are disabled or need extra help with learning
- Children who are disabled or need extra help with learning
- Parents or carers of those children and young people
Services can give information, advice and support on:
- Schools, college or training
- Getting the right healthcare
- Getting the right support at home, school or in the workplace
Services do not normally help with:
- Sex and relationships education
- Making friends
But, if your local service can’t help with something, then they will try to find somewhere that can.